Tuesday, August 5, 2008

discipline... a foreign concept

According to Wikipedia...

"Self-discipline refers to the training that one gives one's self to accomplish a certain task or to adopt a particular pattern of behaviour, even though one would really rather be doing something else. For example, denying oneself of an extravagant pleasure in order to accomplish a more demanding charitable deed. Thus, self-discipline is the assertion of willpower over more base desires, and is usually understood to be a synonym of 'self control'. Self-discipline is to some extent a substitute for motivation, when one uses reason to determine a best course of action that opposes one's desires. "
Okay... I'll be honest with myself and admit I need improvement with self-discipline! It's been too long since I photographed and put more of our jewelry pieces on our Etsy shop! Six days have flown by since I've written on this new blog! And what did I accomplish that was so pressing? Beats me? But who was it that said... "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans."

We just received beautiful findings from New Zealand and Mexico... oxidized silvers and coppers with wonderful patinas! Stay tuned... our creative juices have been flowing... just need to be disciplined and create! :)

No comments: