Monday, August 18, 2008

making your life count...

How fast time flies by? I planned on writing something every day but didn't quite succeed, did !? My grandmother used to tell me, when I was a little girl, that as we grow older, time seems to go by much faster. She was so right... years fly by and, before we know it, we're older than Elvis Presley was when he unfortunately passed away. I remember thinking he was much older when he died... and just last night, realized that I've outlived him by three years... scary.

This reaffirmed what I've already been contemplating... we must do in life all that we truly feel we are called to do. We don't want to be lying on our deathbed, in the hospital... and hearing the beeping sound of that machine next to us... and wonder "what if?" My dad once told me that... the image and sound has left a lasting impression.

David and I still have so much we feel we are called to do... we will have to make bigger strides than most because we are playing catch-up, in a way. In our hearts... he is a fashion designer and I am an actress. Only God knows for sure if we will achieve what is in our hearts... if we don't... it's because He has an even better plan and hopefully we are already on His path.

Okay, I'm sentimental and cheesy... so I will leave you with one of my favorite songs... drum roll please... Donny Osmond sings Mary Did You Know!

No comments: